Step1: Cook 5 cups of rice
Step 2 Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
Step 3: Add the garlic, ginger and chicken, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the spices, curry leaves, yoghurt, sugar and sultanas, stir for 1 minute, then reduce heat to very low.
Step4: Place the rice on top of the sauce. Cover the top of the pan with a folded tea towel, then place the lid on top of the tea towel. Cook for 10 minutes.
Step5: Remove lid, add nuts and half the coriander and stir well to combine. Garnish with the remaining coriander, and offer chutney and sliced tomatoes and onions with the dish.
- 0.0 300g (1 1/2 cups) long-grain rice
- 2.0Tbsp 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1.0 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2.0 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.0tsp 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4.0 4 chicken breasts, cut into 2cm dice
- 0.0tsp 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1.0tsp 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2.0 2 cinnamon sticks
- 0.0tsp 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1.0tsp 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6.0 6 fresh curry leaves (optional)*
- 150.0ml 150ml thick plain yoghurt
- 1.0tsp 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3.0Tbsp 3 tablespoons sultanas
- 3.0Tbsp 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 0.0c 1/3 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves