Soak the beans overnight.
Preheat cook & hold to 325F.
Preheat CTP to 400F (204C).
Lay meats onto a sheet tray with parchment paper. Sear at 400F (204C) for 25 min. With 100% fan- 50% humidity.
Remove the seared meats from the oven.
In a hotel pan, add the seared meats, chicken broth, spices/seasonings and soaked beans.
Place hotel pan into the Cook&Hold and cook at 325F (163C) for 6 hours. Hold at 165F (74C) until ready to serve.
Remove Feijoada from the Cook&Hold.
Serve with white rice, collard greens and orange slices!
- 1.0lb Black Beans (soaked overnight)
- 6.0oz Applewood smoked bacon
- 1.5lb Boneless pork shoulder
- 3.0 Bone-in beef short ribs (fat trimmed)
- 9.0oz Smoked pork sausages
- 3.0c Onion (small dice)
- 6.0 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2.0c Chicken Broth
- 1/2tsp Ground coriander
- 2.0 Bay Leaves
- 1.0Tbsp White Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Menomonee Falls, WI