Gather your ingredients.
In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil.
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
If you are adding meatballs/sausage, now is the time to do so.
Cover and let it simmer for 3 hours.
For those interested in my meatball recipe, I've created a guide for that as well.
- 1.0 28-oz can tomato puree
- 1.0 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1.0tsp Salt
- 1.0tsp Pepper
- 3.0Tbsp Sugar
- 1.0 Onion, chopped
- 2.0 Garlic cloves, minced
- 0.0c Extra virgin olive oil
- 0.0c Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2.0tsp Basil