1. The first thing you do is get a shelf marker.
2. Think whether you want a fiction or a nonfiction book.
3. You may browse the shelves to look for a good fit book. Place your shelf marker next to a book that looks good to you, and take the book off the shelf.
4. If you don't want the book, you should put the book back where you left your shelf marker.
5. If you like the book you should return the shelf marker and check out the book.
6. Instead of browsing, you may also go to the computer and search the kids' catalog.
7. Look for a good book in the catalog and check to see if it is in.
8. If the book is in, write down the title and call number and ask a librarian or volunteer to help you find it.
9. Once you are ready to check out take your books to the check out desk and ask the librarian to scan them.
10. Take your books to a table and read until it is time to line up.
- Shelves of books
- Shelf marker
- Computer with kids' catalog