Use recycled wood for the frame. Sizes will vary. Place water proofing mesh on back. Drill drain holes on the bottom of each bottom facing surface to allow for drainage.
Use large circular bolt for top with washer. Place screens over drainage holes to keep soil in.
Fill space with half succulent soil and half moss. Then use chicken wire to hold it in.
Fill with succulents of your choice. Use wire cutters and screwdriver to make holes large enough for succulents. This method will allow it to go vertical immediately.
- Ability to explore and make mistakes
- Reclaimed 2x4's (size depends on preference size)
- 2 inch thick sheet of ply wood (size variable )
- 4 inch wood screws ( use reclaimed screws)
- 1 inch chicken wire ( opening size)
- Garden mesh cover
- Water proofing deck cover or dark trash bag
- Paint brush if water proofing
- 1 cubit foot of Sphagnum moss
- 1 bag of succulent soil
- Large ring bolt
- Ring built lock nut
- Large bolt washer
- Large staples
- Staple gun
- Electric drill
- Drill bits
- Wire cutters
- Succulents of your choice
- Electric hand saw
- Jig saw optional
Santa Rosa, California